GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 quick rules for "sensitive" investigators

+3
Stew_DPS
Syren Song
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

3 quick rules for "sensitive" investigators - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 quick rules for "sensitive" investigators

Post by Syren Song Thu May 01, 2008 11:08 am

lol Stew. But no, I agree to a certain extent with you. (And yeah, I suppose it is a sensitive subject - he he!)

I would have a difficult time believing someone is sensitive if I had only just met them and they told me that. I would have to some sort of proof, and on more than one occasion (for instance, if they were able to tell me about one of my relatives that past away and then later warned me about something before it really happened).

But in all seriousness -- I do think humans have the capability as an entire species to exorcise that part of the brain (somehow!) to be able to predict certain events. I think this deja-vu type experience is just like that. Most people can't control it. It just...happens. Believe it or not, lately I've been experiencing a few premonitions myself. (I won't go into it, as it's a little personal.) But things that you would never really think of on your own, I just happened to know. It's hard to explain, but just know, it is a very odd thing to just explain away as coincidence.

I actually knew a really interesting person back where Tony and I used to live. You would have LOVED to sit and talk with him, Stew. He worked at our absolute most favorite coffee joint in the world -- Theo's in the Quad Cities. The stories that he told me...were just mind blowing. He never claimed to be psychic or anything special. But he was a really interesting guy. One story he had told me was about a woman who had come to live with him some years ago. (Basically, they met in a bar and she had no place to go. This guy is a really very kind, sweet guy, and he had decided to let her stay with him.) Later on, he just knew that something was going to happen to her and that she would die. He approached her about it and asked her to sign a photograph of herself for him. She laughed and asked why, and he just told her he wouldn't be seeing her again. She did it, thinking he was just being silly or something. About a week later though, she was killed (I think he said in a car accident or something? I can't remember. Or possibly drugs, as I think maybe she was involved in that.) But yeah, anyway, that's just one of the weird, bizarre, yet very interesting stories he told me. That's not even the half of it!

Anyway! Where am I going with this? I guess I just mean to say that I do believe people with crazy premonitions do exist. There are just SO MANY frauds that cover them up and make the majority of them look bad.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

3 quick rules for "sensitive" investigators - Page 2 Empty Re: 3 quick rules for "sensitive" investigators

Post by Stew_DPS Thu May 01, 2008 11:41 am

Right, I guess I have seen so many insincere attention needy people, that I am hyper critical about anyone claiming to have abnormal gifts or abilities.
Stew_DPS
Stew_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Merc4Hire-ARPAST Thu May 01, 2008 7:42 pm

Stew_DPS wrote:
IF there is something, then we probably all have it, but just decide not to use it.

Why would a person decide not to use a potentially useful ability??

I have a hard time believing in "gifts" or "abilities" it's just too convenient.

Over 100 families in west Arkansas that now have an excellent water well, in an area without city water, no aquifier, & very little ground water, USE to be somewhat skeptical that a person with a forked peach stick could locate drinking water also.

Once they saw that it works, none of them would ever think twice about paying a proven dowser $100 to come paint an "X" on the ground, before they pay a driller $7/foot for a new well.

That's what it often takes for these type abilities to be believed. A skeptic actually has to SEE that they do work. Same way with ghosts.....most of us WANT to believe, but as scientific investigators, it's just hard to do without hard proof.

I have no idea how dowsing works, but know 100% that it does...not 99.99%, but 100%. And I say that NOT as a dowser, but as a well-driller, who has seen how EXTREMELY difficult it is to find drinkable water in some areas.

I am first & foremost a scientist, with a degree in Applied Science & another in Arts. I'm a well-accomplished astronomer, having studied the mysteries of the heavens with professional quality instruments for a couple decades now. I'm a licensed electrician & have worked in that field for several years. And I'm also a skilled, but amateur, geologist. (Why did I decide to drill wells, one of the dirtiest & most physically demanding jobs in the world?? Easy....money's good, the office changes often, & they let me play with big, dangerous machinery. Laughing Razz )

Locating underground water with a stick SHOULDN'T be possible. Nothing in nature should allow that to happen.

I try to explain my own ability with magnetics...but wood doesn't attract. Neither does it conduct, which rules out some form of electrical phenomenon...something else that I've pondered on. A natural water-to-water association has crossed my mind also, but a good dowser can make it work with a dead & dry stick also...so that sorta blows that theory away.

The scientist in me, and my religious beliefs also, make it REALLY hard to attribute dowsing to being any type of "paranormal ability"....but in the end, that's all I can come up with.
Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.magnetcoverocks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Thu May 01, 2008 8:21 pm

Stew_DPS wrote:Right, I guess I have seen so many insincere attention needy people, that I am hyper critical about anyone claiming to have abnormal gifts or abilities.

Dude! Why do you have to talk about me! Suspect
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stew_DPS Fri May 02, 2008 8:51 am

Donn_DPS wrote:
Stew_DPS wrote:Right, I guess I have seen so many insincere attention needy people, that I am hyper critical about anyone claiming to have abnormal gifts or abilities.

Dude! Why do you have to talk about me! Suspect

Because you simply cannot make people fall in love with you by casting spells! You do not have love magic! I've told you this a thousand times!!!!
Stew_DPS
Stew_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2