GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TAPS is killing me!

+3
Syren Song
Donn_DPS
JBowl
7 posters

Go down

TAPS is killing me! Empty TAPS is killing me!

Post by JBowl Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:21 am

Ok, I believe that you can really hunt for ghosts.
I believe in some of the equipment they use.
They've just gotten really corny and I think it's only getting worse.

J & G seem like they are acting in every scene.
Steve is telling Kris stuff that she already knows.
Tango's emotions seem fake.

I can't handle it anymore, what's next... Special Effects?

Bowl
JBowl
JBowl
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 13
Occupation : I love camping, being outdoors, and riding motorcycles.
Registration date : 2008-03-12

http://www.myspace.com/bowlmovement

Back to top Go down

TAPS is killing me! Empty Re: TAPS is killing me!

Post by Donn_DPS Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:06 am

I have a problem with the whole paranormal field in general. I rarely watch the shows, never read the books and from time to time check out websites. I believe that there may be something there and I would love to find answers. But it drives me nuts when people get a teeny bit of scientific fact and base a whole half cocked theory around it. Then this theory becomes "fact" because paranormal investigators believe it! Example: EMF sensetivity, orbs, shadows out of the corner of your eye etc. Don't get me wrong, there is something to these but most groups refuse to do their homework. Argg!! OK rant over!

I know what you mean though. Sometimes I get upset but have to remember that it's a TV show not a documentary. SciFi has a say in how it's produced. They need to make money off it and if that means setting up scenes then they'll do it as long as they don't get into special effects I can deal with it.
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JBowl Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:17 am

I will say on their defense though, I didn't really get into the hunting aspect until they showed up. I was always sensitive, but now i've got some ideas to help back up my claims.
JBowl
JBowl
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 13
Occupation : I love camping, being outdoors, and riding motorcycles.
Registration date : 2008-03-12

http://www.myspace.com/bowlmovement

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm

Since the git-go it was clear, to me, that TAPs dramatized certain situations for viewers. For instance, they would break on commercial whenever Steve would scream, which is basically nonstop whenever the possibility of bugs is present. Laughing

Steve explains things to people as if they were children. When he was explaining to Kris what to look for while they were reviewing evidence in the last episode, it was clear she already knew what to do. I mean, who wouldn't? You'd have to be pretty dense.

I don't mind the show - I watch it. I just wonder how much they could possibly do to make it more interesting.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:14 pm

I wish they would explain what an EVP is! I mean they never say what it is Laughing
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ewolf51 Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:07 pm

Donn_DPS wrote:I wish they would explain what an EVP is! I mean they never say what it is Laughing

lol that has to be the most annoying part of the show. I don't take the show to literally, i feel it's more about the ghost hunters then actually finding ghosts. I have to admit i enjoyed a bit of the drama when brian was there (dude run). At least i'm sure we can all agree, ghost hunters is WAY better than GHI, which honestly, i'm getting quite tired of donna.
Ewolf51
Ewolf51
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Mm, yes, I agree - GH is certainly better than GHI.

Lol gosh, what is EVP again? I think they need to go over that one more time... Rolling Eyes I've always thought that got old.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stellar Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:11 pm

w1ngs0fate wrote:Since the git-go it was clear, to me, that TAPs dramatized certain situations for viewers. For instance, they would break on commercial whenever Steve would scream, which is basically nonstop whenever the possibility of bugs is present. Laughing

Steve explains things to people as if they were children. When he was explaining to Kris what to look for while they were reviewing evidence in the last episode, it was clear she already knew what to do. I mean, who wouldn't? You'd have to be pretty dense.

I don't mind the show - I watch it. I just wonder how much they could possibly do to make it more interesting.

That part about Steve screaming made me laugh so hard!! I don't mind him really but the guy has so many phobias... Just to picture him screaming like a little girl is so hilarious.

I completely agree with everything else you said too! Him and some of the other people on the show have the annoying habit of talking to people like they're little 4 years olds and have no idea what the heck is going on. I would think that if someone is interested enough to want to be a member of TAPS and be on the show, they're gonna have at least a little bit of background on the basics. No one's gonna want to be on TV looking like a total moron because they know nothing about the very task they're supposed to accomplish. Rolling Eyes So whether they're genuinely interested or not, they're gonna learn a little before they actually become part of the group.

And I couldn't agree more with the EVP and EMF stuff! Over and over and over and over... It's like they think they have to go over all the basics of ghost hunting for all of the viewers who might have happened to tune in within the last three minutes and God forbid, might not know what EMF stands for. I guess I can see them going over that stuff once at the very beginning of each episode, but come on! It's not really even something they need to explain! Most people can figure it out on their own, just by watching the show. I don't remember it being that way before, but it seems like now they spend more time explaining what everything means and repeating over and over AND re-living each and every little thing that happens during the investigations instead of doing actual ghost hunting. I get so annoyed when someone thinks they got touched on the arm or something, and then we have to listen to them tell the whole story, then listen to the person they were with tell the whole story, then those two go and tell one of the main guys and we have to listen to HIM tell the story of the story the other two told him...

silent
stellar
stellar
Vortex
Vortex

Female
Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-29

http://www.myspace.com/elijasmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 am

LOL it is very funny when Steve freaks out. Any time he screams, I think the whole of America is just giggling at home in front of their TV sets. Very Happy

You're right about that! You would think if you're going to be a TAPs member, that you would at least look into the paranormal and ghost hunting beforehand since you are, like you said, going to be on television.

That is too true! "Just tuning in? Never seen an episode? Don't know about ghost hunting? ...Why the heck are you even watching then? OH, er, I mean! EVP... It stands for electronic voice phenomenon." XD Yeah, I think in the first couple of episodes it would makes sense to address all the equipment, but really it's not necessary in every episode to follow.

Ha, yeah! The retelling of the same experience can get old. I'm not sure if that's just filler or what, but you would think the editors of the show would edit some of that out and put a little more of the investigation in.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:49 pm

[GHoST].Jeanette wrote:Lol gosh, what is EVP again?

:: clears throat :: Jeanette, an EVP stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon, and paranormal investigators believe that ghosts, or spirits, can be heard this way. The voice or sound is not generally heard at the time of recording and may have been imprinted directly onto the recording medium, and you can be reasonably sure that if the voice, or sound, is found to be below 300Hz, because a human is not capable of making a sound that low, that it was not made by a human.

Types of EVPs:
Class A - Loud & clear - interpreted the same by all listeners.
Class B - Reasonably clear - interpreted differently by some listeners.
Class C - Requiring headphones to distinguish the voices and open to individual interpretation.

Laughing not as good as Steve, but he gets more practice at it!

[GHoST].Jeanette wrote:GH is certainly better than GHI.
I liked GHI, but not Andy or the Lead Investigator (WHY did he always have to say that too!? what a dufus) Robb.

I think they did catch some real evidence, but Sci Fi presented it the way they wanted. I've watched the outtakes - they are pretty funny, and some of leaves you scratching your head asking: why didn't they include that scene? It makes it more real, or interesting. I liked when Josh came along on the one investigation - it added some fun to the eppy.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptic1-DPS Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 pm

Andy is the most annoying weasley looking person on that show. Also the way he debunks and pats himself on the back like an allstar quarterback. Also when they always replayed the EVP's he never really said what questions were asked he just would loop the evp's right away and would ask "what do you think" what a tool. Sorry for the rant but at least someone agrees. Goose
Skeptic1-DPS
Skeptic1-DPS
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Yeah, I just don't care for him and his prima donna attitude - it's like the title 'lead' went to his head and he just shows up for the TV glory.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down