GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back!

2 posters

Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back!

Post by Malaria_Kidd Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:55 pm

As soon as possible the words to read along will be here. So sorry I don't have the old time theater's bouncing white ball to follow along. I hope edits are 24/7....I saw that Fate Foretold had joined Unexplained Mysteries in Scotland. Mark Elvidge the Administrator/owner at Mysterial let his robot do the talking for me on his little red radio.

This weird story was one I had tried to tell for some years on Coast to Coast AM. No luck telling it, but I could get in with no problem on other topics at hand. Twice I had Asheville, NC ghost hunter Joshua P. Warren and George Noory host of C2C chatting in my cell phone as I waited my chance to tell it. Twice with a great cell connection the line went dead.

This happened West of Asheville along I-40 in the mysterious mountains of North Carolina. Shocked

http://www.theparanormalnews.com

http://www.theparanormalnews.com/Archives

What a Face Question Neutral

Edited in some minutes later; the words the robot speaks... Smile

Worldwide lorry drivers tell tall tales, and 95% of them are true. We take most with a grain of salt of which some may be transporting that too. I bought and still own a SCANIA for transporting the best trees Mother Nature can grow.

In 1989 I was loaded with International Veneer Company's Illinois white oak headed to South Hill, Virginia a 760 mile trip. The near perfect logs were individually tagged and waxed. It was 4:00 am as I pulled into the first rest area out of Tennessee at the North Carolina line east of Waterville.

There was one spot left on the end next to a grassy median. Cars on the right and lorries on the left. I pulled straight in and set the brake on my Swedish lorry. One of 600 imported to the USA, and the only one with an aluminum tubing and wire brush guard.

I ate some cakes with milk, and to my amazement I perked up quickly. I noticed a lorry coming in with his lights on bright then stopping to my left behind me. I said on the CB radio, " I'm ready to leave now you can have my spot." He said nothing so I reversed moving 80,000 lbs 6-8 feet. I stopped like hitting a wall!! I'd hit the front of a lorry that was mostly blocking the car entrance. I didn't see it pull in behind me! I got a sick feeling as I jammed the brake. The damage was done and I had 1.5 million safe miles.

I got my flashlight and wondered if there was a long log hanging over a bit. I couldn't remember. There was no overhang, AND there was no damage to the truck I'd just slammed! I lit it up,....nothing,....the radiator should have been in the fan,...it shouldn't be running,....it was! I rubbed my hand over the smooth white metal. I looked for anti-freeze under the motor,....none anywhere! The Caterpiller motor had it's familiar sound. It was in perfect shape and I was stunned!

The driver was in the rest area building and never came out during my wide eyed investigation. I kept saying to myself, "What do I tell him? I've hit your lorry but there's no damage?" To my left a lorry rig left a space open, and I pulled left to park there.

It was breaking dawn as I looked at the white new cabover Freightliner sitting there running. I laid my head down over the wheel to rest,...to wait. It was gone when I woke up 15 minutes later! I still think about this every day and night!
________________________________________________________________________________

Folks? Hit an aluminum soda can with a hammer. If you cannot dent it. That is what happened to me, wide awake and impossible to do!

Like my British friends have said. This could have been an angelic intervention delaying my trip, and avoiding an unknown danger in perfectly good driving weather! That is the only explanation I understand, but some have said it was a ghost driver's ghostly lorry. But at least I did touch it and there was form to touch.

Our little company was paying for random drug testing by a Connecticut company called Foley Laboratory Services, Inc. I did not take anything to stay awake. Remember, I was wide awake at the time this happened! Near the North Carolina border with the mysterious Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

This is my personal haunting of.........What in the heck happened that morning?? What a Face

From Mysterial's little red radio's link at The Paranormal News on the top right you can listen to the robot's voice tell everything above the line. I give many thanks straight to Mark Elvidge-Webmaster of Mysterial.

MK Cody in Indiana Smile

Post Scripted in an Wednesday edit before the coal truck gets in gear.

Now if the dust can get deeper on a true paranormal/guiding angel story like mine, just get out your leaf blower PDQ! Check out this web site in Asheville, North Carolina... Question Neutral One local man added a wild one on the same stretch of Interstate highway! Shocked

http://users.boardnation.com/~shadowboxent/index.php?board=4

Hello, hello, hello, is there anybody,....in there?" Neutral Idea

Last edited by Malaria_Kidd on Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:25 am; edited 4 times in total
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 54
Occupation : hauling coal, auto parts, logs, hogs & little doggies (calves) cows & bulls
Registration date : 2009-12-22

http://www.zippo.com

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty Re: North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back!

Post by Malaria_Kidd Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 am

In a Quick Reply at this wee hour I would like to say hello to our Swedish guest online as I type.

I am an American SCANIA owner and the robot from the UK tells it best right out of the twilight zone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ucXzzBMOaE&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Well, just today I was awaiting a Toyota truckin' outfit's phone call while driving a coal lorry for folks I don't care for. I rounded a haul road's curve and the lorry died dead in the road. One minute later the cell phone rang. It was the Toyota truckin' outfit rep setting up my test drive. Laughing Laughing Laughing

MK Cody in Indiana that's a long way from Sodertalje...just below Stockholm.

It's a haunted rumor going around that ghosts don't like dust at Ghost anymore than us mortals. Razz What a Face
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male
Occupation : hauling coal, auto parts, logs, hogs & little doggies (calves) cows & bulls

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty SCANIA Hit! Where is everyone?

Post by Malaria_Kidd Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:24 pm

The robot has taken a vacation for the second time in some months. This web site, The Paranormal News, went South due to lack of interest and Mysterial was it's replacement. Dust settles at some paranormal web sites like a fleet of dump trucks have nothing else to haul, but dust.silent

This is a true one trying to spark some interest with folks with similar stories of truth.

If he comes back to work I will let everyone know PDQ.... Neutral Neutral Idea

Now don't be ah' feard none and drop this one a note pro or con. What a Face

MK Cody in Indiana Very Happy
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty How do you post an avatar or a signature????

Post by Malaria_Kidd Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:41 am

That last post of mine did not inspire a post. Hmm! Do any of you have a suggestion as to what might work?

It's just another example of how the paranormal can leave you speechless. But not me, I'll talk about it. What a Face

I am at a loss at how to make an avatar here. Or how to post a signature.... Idea

Like this one...

Quoting Ian Punnett of Coast to Coast AM 11/26/2001. "They all were convinced that The Wallflowers' song was a prophecy of the death of Princess Di."

Which connects well with this obscure web site...

http://www.dianamystery.com
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty Re: North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back!

Post by GHOST MONK Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:36 pm

We do have a history of "unexplained events" not just in the mountains but across the state. The coast is full of stories of "odd events", going back to the Lost Colony, which might or might not be something out of the ordinary, just depends on who you ask. I collects books on ghosts,general and specific parnormal events, worldwide, and esp. as they relate to N.C. If there is enough interest, I might post some of the more interesting ones.
GHOST MONK
GHOST MONK
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Malaria_Kidd Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:54 pm

GHOST MONK wrote:We do have a history of "unexplained events" not just in the mountains but across the state. The coast is full of stories of "odd events", going back to the Lost Colony, which might or might not be something out of the ordinary, just depends on who you ask. I collects books on ghosts,general and specific paranormal events, worldwide, and esp. as they relate to N.C. If there is enough interest, I might post some of the more interesting ones.

GM your post made my day and I hope you post 'em and we will read them. There is life here in the ghosts who visit daily. Very Happy I have heard told that NC is the most haunted US State. Like they compare Merry Old England as being the most haunted country worldwide. A ghost in limbo's death spirit lives in any cold dank haunt it wants too. Also they never leave like they are stuck in place. Idea

A Guardian Angel ghost does leave following you where ever you go. I had to have been followed that long ago night.

Just last evening I chatted up the Bell Witch Legend of tiny Adams, Tennessee. It started out by me telling of two men in brown hunting coats riding two brown horses taking up my right lane of US 41 North of Adams and the Red River. I could have easily killed them all with my SCANIA log truck loaded with royal paulowina bound for Nashville and then on to Japan,....at 2:00 AM!! Twisted Evil No

My friend used to farm ground near there. He knew he was plowing over a long destroyed small cemetery. He found rusted but readable metal two post grave markers in the up turned soil registering deaths in the 1860's. He heard all the gravestones were sledgehammer smashed into limestone and spread over the long ago owners same field!!! He also knew about a Native American burial ground on a small hill near his corn field. One night while picking corn in a U shaped corner below the hill. At the edge of his field he swore he saw an Indian in full buckskins standing in his picker's headlights!! pale

And before mentioning Adams we had never chatted the paranormal in life and death. cheers

Thanks for relieving my sore eyed checks of SCANIA Hit! What a Face

I will go get my Unexplained Mysteries link to show you how it goes on the world's largest mysteries website........ Sleep

Neutral

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=152891

Also in closing this post have you seen this website? Especially here in the States. No one says anything where I have this posted at Ghost PDF. Question The background music was a poor choice for play.

http://www.dianamystery.com

MK Cody in Indiana
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty North Carolia Mountain Event

Post by GHOST MONK Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Just thought I'd et you know, lots of more weird experiences/occurannces take place in the N.C. mountains than any other part of the state. Resource, lived here almost all my life and have heard things from "urban legends" to "supernatural events".
GHOST MONK
GHOST MONK
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty A Hoosier who saw just one ghost like something!

Post by Malaria_Kidd Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:43 am

GHOST MONK wrote:Just thought I'd let you know, lots of more weird experiences/occurannces take place in the N.C. mountains than any other part of the state. Resource, lived here almost all my life and have heard things from "urban legends" to "supernatural events".

Thanks and I knew it and I felt it, the NC supernatural GM!! At another website in NC called L.E.M.U.R. Team owned by one of America's most well known ghost hunters, Joshua .P. Warren this was told in my true story. It's really the Zzzzzs there. You should join. Maybe you have!

I tried to tell my "big bump" in the night twice with him on live radio called Coast to Coast AM. No luck after getting the host and him in my phone the phone went dead twice over a months time. Good battery and good signal too.silent

A man and his wife returning to Brevard, NC from a weekend get-a-way to Gatlinburg. Ran through a herd of white goats crossing Interstate 40 very near the welcome center. They should have hit some of them, but did not. Both were wide awake and saw that herd at the same time! How weird and it goes with what you are saying.

If you post just some of what you know. Direct me to it. We can help revive this Ghost of a website!

You must live in the mountains.

Idea Very Happy
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Welcome Center I-40 EB/Mark says A.I. Robot will be back! Empty I think I will scroll back up and hit the robot's links. He will punch his time card any day. So click the links once in while....

Post by Malaria_Kidd Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 am

In a PD Quick Reply the Mr. Roboto is coming back to work very soon. I was told that by a Mysterial member just yesterday. He knows the adminstrator who volunteers to watch the site for the owner Mark Elvidge. Mark is the one who checks the oil in the robot. He also sprays it's voice box with WD-40. Laughing

I hope it takes an hour to hear all of his stories. I bet 10 to 1 odds SCANIA Hit! is right in amongst them. Over a year ago I shared time with the robot's tales told on Jack-the-Ripper, Thomas Edison, and a dark shadowy figure story in an English castle! Right this minute I can't remember the castle's name. Cool Very Happy

The voice is ten times better than those heard on the US National Weather Service recordings. cheers

MK Cody winding down after shifting the transmission's gear stick in Indiana Smile
Malaria_Kidd
Malaria_Kidd
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down