GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roadside accident sites

4 posters

Go down

Roadside accident sites Empty Roadside accident sites

Post by Oswego_Bob Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Not sure if this hits the frindges of bad taste, but has anyone ever thought of investigating near crosses at the sites of car accidents in some more of the rural places? Seems to meet criteria for activity....just a thought
Oswego_Bob
Oswego_Bob
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Roadside accident sites Empty Re: Roadside accident sites

Post by Syren Song Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Hmm, that hadn't actually occurred to me. We'd have to look for reports of car accidents in which the drivers/passengers died. I suppose their spirits could be lingering in those areas - it would make sense. However, if the accidents took place on a busy road or on any one in general with a steady flow of traffic, it would make investigating hard since all you would be able to hear on the audio would be cars driving by, unless you could do it at night.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswego_Bob Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:28 pm

Well, not sure bout over in Schaumburg, but like we own an old farmhouse on a couple acres outside of Oswego, and there are crosses on some less traveled roads, might possibly be good for EVP work. We have a cross on the other side of our road that was here before we bought the place, but our road is bit too busy to be able to get anything of substance I think...anyway just a thought
Oswego_Bob
Oswego_Bob
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:35 am

Here too you can usually tell where someone passed away from or during an accident, there will always be a cross and flowers, stuffed animals, balloons, etc.

Some aldermen and women has suggested during the years not to allow this due to the distraction it could cause while driving past, but the local papers picked up on it and the public outcry made it very clear: don't mess with the roadside memorials. After all, it's a way for people to at least reflect on the life that passed and some had said, it's made some areas safer in that people realize people died on the road, maybe paying attention to that area is a good idea.

There is a large park near my home and I drive through it many times during the day and noticed just yesterday that the memorials are starting to pop up again. Maybe due to the warmer weather, or perhaps anniversaries of the accidents. Being a park - they close at 10pm, but you can still drive through it (it's kind of a major road connecting several areas of the city and neighboring cities) - I could walk my dog and do some EVP and take some pictures.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stew_DPS Thu May 01, 2008 8:28 am

Personally I think it's in bad taste to "investigate" these sites, but Jeanette has it right, it would be next to impossible to get any reliable data due to the proximity of the road.
Stew_DPS
Stew_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-04-12

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content