GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taps Fakes things

+4
Oswego_Bob
Donn_DPS
Syren Song
oldcloud
8 posters

Go down

Taps Fakes things Empty Taps Fakes things

Post by oldcloud Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:32 pm

Taps fake the truth, we all seen that. I gave up watching them and TV 1yr ago. I get info on the web,, Alex jones is good place to start. Then prisonplanet.com . After that I will give you some Paranormal sites to look at.
oldcloud
oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Taps Fakes things Empty Re: Taps Fakes things

Post by Syren Song Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:37 pm

Thanks for the leads, Oldcloud. I actually hadn't heard of Alex Jones before. I can't believe he had been arrested by order of Bush! That is a very interesting topic he discusses on the radio. I will look into that some more.

I have to agree though about TAPs -- There has been a lot of evidence viewers have given on the official Ghost Hunters forums as to the staged things the TAPs team can accomplish. As for how much is actually staged, I have no idea. Perhaps only some of it is dramatized for the sake of viewers. They have to make the big bucks.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:00 pm

oldcloud wrote:Taps fake the truth, we all seen that. I gave up watching them and TV 1yr ago. I get info on the web,, Alex jones is good place to start. Then prisonplanet.com . After that I will give you some Paranormal sites to look at.

Dude you are stating your opinion as fact! Sure there are a lot of things that TAPS does that make me question the validity of thier claims but I do have a hard time believeing they "fake" the truth.

Maybe if they stopped using the occasional "psychic" and dowsing rods I could take some of thier methods a liitle more serious.
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:03 pm

I believe they may overemphasize things and blow them up (especially for their commercials lol). I'm not sure if they actually would go so far as to fake situations though? That's really low and would be saddening to the whole paranormal community if that ever leaked. No one would ever take us seriously again after that. No

Yeah, saying that it is fact though isn't truth - Like I said, if it was fact, we'd hear about it!
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh but I did just think of something!! Often people use the excuse of the SCI-FI channel aving too much control with editing but in the credits both Jason and Grant are listed as producers (I believe). Shouldn't they have a bigger say in how the editing is done?
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:18 pm

Oh they are? I never really paid that much attention to their credits. If they are listed as producers though, then yes, I would think they would have more say than simply just being the stars of their own TV show. That's a good point there. *shrugs*

I almost felt like asking a bit more on the Ghost Hunters message board to the people who were in full belief that TAPs were frauds, but they seemed pretty hard-core about it and as if there was no way they were wrong. So, I didn't really feel like dealing with that all that much. Wink
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:24 pm

Hm.. I dunno. I'd like to say for sure they don't fake things, but then again it is TV and there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes, so who knows. Regardless of whether or not Jason and Grant have pull on how the editing is done, overall I'm guessing it still comes down to the conditions of their contract and what SCI-FI wants them to do. SCI-FI pays them to make an entertaining show for the ratings. Unfortunately, like most other things in that biz it probably comes down to "do what makes money" a lot of the time.

I don't think they fake things, but they do exaggerate sometimes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Oswego_Bob Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:44 am

if its true that they fake stuff it would be dissapointing since when they first started they always talked about the integrity of the field, but who knows how people think once they srat making the bucks!
Oswego_Bob
Oswego_Bob
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:28 pm

I have always gotten the impression that they 'guys' were once paranormal idealists, and took the TV gig as a way to bring attention to the field of paranormal research...but (as the story goes...) they start to see $$ in their eyes and it gets easier and easier to compromise for the sake of entertainment value...(For me, I think that they are holding on to some scrap of credibility {for now} because last season at the Manson House it was almost obvious that Jason was about to hurl while watching the entire K-2 meter scenario...knowing that the world would see it, and also knowing that it was just laughable.)
I don't know that they fake evidence...I don't know that they don't, At this point, I give them the benefit of the doubt...but only by a hair.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:04 pm

Yeah, I agree with you, Aesalon. It was great, because their whole show was about debunking claims of the paranormal. They were supposed to go into an investigation objectively. Perhaps, their own personal views have remained the same. For the sake of television though, I think the producers wanted to kick it into gear a little more by doing something, at least when that "scary" music isn't enough. Wink
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Taps Fakes things Empty sorry

Post by oldcloud Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:42 pm

I didnt meen they are fake,, Just who they over due the truth , AS said by Chineses Phrophecy, ( Anything more or less than truth is lie.) or Fake. you decide. Helping people or scaring them into less than truth?
Sorry again for ancient truth , My Truth or opinion
oldcloud
oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:20 am

oldcloud wrote:I didnt meen they are fake,, Just who they over due the truth , AS said by Chineses Phrophecy, ( Anything more or less than truth is lie.) or Fake. you decide. Helping people or scaring them into less than truth?
Sorry again for ancient truth , My Truth or opinion

Huh? Suspect

For the most part I would say that "truth" is relative.

And that's the truth of "truth"....aint that the truth!?
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by oldcloud Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:33 pm

Truth is what we came from. Your truth is different from mine, but still truth.

If you make something more apealing to a person,, you are not speaking truth.

If you sale me snake oil medicine , are you sailing me truth. Are you being truthful, .

Is Taps being Truthful? or just trying to sale the public.?

Donn, Your an oxymorion!
oldcloud
oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:38 pm

The truth is....you need spelling lessons!!!! Laughing

Oxymoron....no.

Moron...yeah I get told that all the time. If only they knew the truth!
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:40 pm

mmmm TOAST!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Laughing sorry about that... randomness up there...

but to clearify the definition of an oxymoron

ie: "Deafening Silence"

silence obviously can not be deafening, therefore it's an oxymoron
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:43 pm

^ lol That was my random quote! Very Happy

Tony said something about cold toast. He was talking about oxymorons. And I just happened to blurt that out. Ohhhh, you had to be there!
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by oldcloud Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:28 pm

Actually ,The oxymorron I was saying was When you counter - dic yourself
Or say the exact opposite of what you said. Like your name and my college Education. Or maybe my 4 Language
I wish cold toast covered it but, Not. This is just another wana-b Who will never Be able to give truths, Because he doesnt know what truth is. He will never understand the spiritual realm. Sorry Doon , But you will never know with your knowledge. It takes a person willing to open up.
oldcloud
oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:57 pm

Dude! seriously! are you drunk? You are making no sense at all. Here let me give it a shot:

Thrut is trhe man withi n me Fro i Know thee ways of thhe spitit. Th,,soul is in the c ron field meet mE three.

How was that?
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 am

oldcloud wrote:Actually ,The oxymorron I was saying was When you counter - dic yourself
Or say the exact opposite of what you said. Like your name and my college Education. Or maybe my 4 Language
I wish cold toast covered it but, Not. This is just another wana-b Who will never Be able to give truths, Because he doesnt know what truth is. He will never understand the spiritual realm. Sorry Doon , But you will never know with your knowledge. It takes a person willing to open up.

I'm not an english major, but I am fairly sure that there is a slight difference between contradicting yourself and an oxymoron. That being that an oxymoron is made up of [usually two] contradictory terms.

In any case- I would like to keep this forum very open to any discussion, however please understand and respect the views of others.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:28 pm

oldcloud wrote: I get info on the web,, Alex jones is good place to start.

http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/Alex-Jones-summary.html

Alex Jones appears to be one of the ones he claims he tries to warn others of .. personally? Any info found on the web is (or should be!) subject to scrutiny. Anyone can post/blog what they want and how misinformation begins and continues. Look at Wiki-pedia for example.

A person needs a broad range of information to be able to form a complete opinion. Listening to only one avenue is never good.

Just my .02.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Skeptic1-DPS Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:56 pm

[quote] A person needs a broad range of information to be able to form a complete opinion. Listening to only one avenue is never good.

I agree with goose on that one. We should all be skeptical of what we read and this will be a never ending argument. Logically for a person to have a good opinion of a subject you should know of all aspects of a theory.
Skeptic1-DPS
Skeptic1-DPS
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 pm

[quote="Skeptic1-DPS"]
A person needs a broad range of information to be able to form a complete opinion. Listening to only one avenue is never good.

I agree with goose on that one. We should all be skeptical of what we read and this will be a never ending argument. Logically for a person to have a good opinion of a subject you should know of all aspects of a theory.

Logic is sometimes elusive when one's emotions or preconceived opinions gets in the way. So being objective is hard at times, but something everyone should try to do. In any situation.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Taps Fakes things Empty TAPS is so fake

Post by stephen43011 Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

I use to watch TAPS on Sci-Fi, but after a few shows it was easy to see how fake they really are and that its all staged. I understand that TV shows need alot of drama to keep its viewers, but it back fires. I have talked to alot of friends like me that are open minded to the fact that ghost/spirts can be real, but shows like TAPS will make you a non-believer. I love the Sci-Fi channel, but every time TAPS comes on, I turn the channel. The Discovery channel has the show, Hauntings, that is more real by far.
stephen43011
stephen43011
Orb
Orb

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down