The Soul and Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Soul and Death

Post by Syren Song on Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:09 pm

This is just a discussion Tony and I were having the other night somewhat randomly. It was just some thoughts and ideas that were thrown out, so, by no means, does this necessarily portray what we do and don't believe or what ghosts really are in our eyes. We were just trying to think logically. (Also, I am on the school's computer, so I don't have spell check on - I misspell pretty much everything, so I heavily rely on that nifty device! So excuse my words lol.)

When we are born, we come into existence as human beings. We are given a soul, a spirit, a soul-matrix - whatever you want to call it, that is who we are. Firstly, there is the soul. Next, there is the body that our soul possesses. The soul itself is who we are. We are not our outer shells, or our bodies if you will. Rather, we are what gives our bodies life; we are what enables them to function. The word death when referring to the deceased seems almost like the wrong term. When we die, our souls do not die, but rather, out bodies cease to function (for one reason or another, depending on death obviously). So, after our soul no longer has a body to inhabit, where does it go? What does it do? Is it your soul that can think and that has feelings and emotions or is the the workings of the body's mind and the triggers in the brain? What do you think?

Let's say after the body dies, the soul is not willing to let go of something in the living world (a person, a place, an object, their own life, etc.). That soul will then tend to take on the shape of their human shell, or their old body. They become ghosts. Their souls are still tied to something and so they do not go on to whatever awaits the other souls. Perhaps the original distination of other souls is everywhere and nowhere. If a soul is no longer tied to anything after that person has died, their soul may not even take on the shape of their once living self. They may just be a floating mass of energy - whatever a soul may be comprised of. This soul then may just be - existing but in an almost surreal harmony, unable to think for itself or feel. That, or perhaps the soul gets resycled. Perhaps, the soul then moves on, not just restricted to one human (the person it was in its life), but rather capable of implanting itself in the body or shell of another, a baby - either animal or human. Maybe even plant-life? Anything that is living has the potential of a soul, apparently.

Just some thoughts. No clue if that even makes any remote sense. Class is starting now though! Wink

Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Soul and Death

Post by GHOST MONK on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 pm

Heavy thinkers have been kicking those two concepts around for quite someime and I appreciate you presenting them for disccussion. I don't know how many takers you wil have willing to comment. Well death is a pretty certain reality event, so I'll go on from there. Ahh, the soul, well that's about as metaphysical as one can get. Lot of it has to do with faith, which is darn hard to measure. I have a notion of what it is, to me, but I have a hard time getting my mind around the whole "soul idea" I think we all have one, ask me to prove it, now that is another thing entirely. Nice to debate over but proving might be a different matter. Question

GHOST MONK
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by XREDXR on Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:06 am

that simulates well, for example, observed river discharge. It is a key concept of the so-called Generalized Likelihood Uncertainty Estimation (GLUE) methodology to quantify how uncertain environmental predictions are.

mobile marketing
Uebersetzung Englisch Deutsch

XREDXR
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-01-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:08 pm