GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What the hell TAPS?

+3
Syren Song
Aesalon
[GHoST].Chuck
7 posters

Go down

What the hell TAPS? Empty What the hell TAPS?

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:28 pm

What did I just watch? I so eagerly waited ALL DAY for this 23 seconds of footage and what do I get? 10 seconds of a flashlight shorting out. Man I'm seriously diappointed right now I thought we were going to see some serious movement or a full appariton or something but a freaking flashlight..........Come On.

Ok I'm over it now.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

What the hell TAPS? Empty Re: What the hell TAPS?

Post by Aesalon Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:37 pm

Nice rant....I agree, it was a bit underwhelming...I was mildly impressed that you can actually hear a small click that may be the flashlight switch, when it turns on the first time (As opposed to the battery losing contact, or whatever....though that noise could have also been edited into the final product....TV is just so untrustworthy.)
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:44 pm

Tell me about it I actually thought we were going to see some serious s***
So out of what 5 seasons the best one so far is the Augustine lighthouse, and thinking about it now who's to say that wasn't edited. But hey the show is on SCI-FI.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:18 am

I actually didn't think this episode was all that bad. In fact, I was rather excited about it, considering not only the military invited them to investigate (what was up with that...?) AND that they were going to Wright Patterson Air Force Base! I mean, c'mon! Roswell artifacts, aliens, underground bases. That base is well known for all of that. Too bad they didn't have access. Wink However, what was with the air force showing them the largest plane? Let alone, asking them to investigate their place? What do they get out of that...? I mean, it was really nice and everything, and I'm sure they appreciated it and got a cool experience out of it. I'm just slightly confused.

Anyway, I personally thought the flashlight thing was pretty cool! I would love it if a spirit did what I asked it to during an investigation. Although, I didn't get my hopes up for anything in this episode like you guys, since I hadn't heard anything about it prior.

This episode did give me ideas though for the future, like to ask the spirits to do certain things or to answer your questions by performing different actions.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:30 am

w1ngs0fate wrote:I actually didn't think this episode was all that bad. In fact, I was rather excited about it, considering not only the military invited them to investigate (what was up with that...?) AND that they were going to Wright Patterson Air Force Base! I mean, c'mon! Roswell artifacts, aliens, underground bases. That base is well known for all of that. Too bad they didn't have access. Wink However, what was with the air force showing them the largest plane? Let alone, asking them to investigate their place? What do they get out of that...? I mean, it was really nice and everything, and I'm sure they appreciated it and got a cool experience out of it. I'm just slightly confused.

Anyway, I personally thought the flashlight thing was pretty cool! I would love it if a spirit did what I asked it to during an investigation. Although, I didn't get my hopes up for anything in this episode like you guys, since I hadn't heard anything about it prior.

This episode did give me ideas though for the future, like to ask the spirits to do certain things or to answer your questions by performing different actions.

Honestly my first thought was that the Air Force was playing the same game that those "Haunted" hotels do (You know, the ones that show little ghost sillhouettes on the pamphlet right above the tragic story of the young woman who threw herself from the balcony in room 442...) "Our Air Force base is haunted, come on in and sign up...oh, also we have planes that you can drive a tank into!" ...or maybe I'm just a cynic. Surprised

And about the flashlight, I suppose that it would have been impressive if I had been there, it had been my flashlight, and I knew without question that it was not tampered with (there I go with the cynic thing again...) I was also disappointed that they didn't show that they really checked out the flashlight to make sure that the contacts were good, that there wasn't any issues with the batteries, etc. (They may have done so, but actually highlighting on the show would have put the episode a long way toward believability.) ...I also thought that they should have brought the flashlight to the reveal instead of Grant's "You know the kind with the button..." description.

Maybe I'm just getting picky in my old age...
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:37 am

Ahh, that's a good explanation, Aesalon. Ha, yeah, that might have been it.

Hm, yes, you're right. They should have showed them checking the flashlight more thoroughly. Maybe the editors thought it was unnecessary? >.>

lol No! You're not. I totally agree.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:20 am

What i cant understand, and maybe i'm wrong, is people that post picture of 'orbs' expecting people to tell them its something paranormal, and then when something truly paranormal happens, they act like its complete crap. I'm not saying a ghost turned on that flashlight, but its definately not normal for it to turn on by itself, 'orbs' in pictures happen all the time, almost to the point that i would call them normal. I will agree i didn't see 23 seconds worth of great footage, but it was atleast decent stuff.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 am

Yeah I think that's why I got my hopes because since last wednesday show every comericail was "On the next ghost Hunters TAPS captures 23 seconds of something they never seen before" I'm thinking finally some real evidence, then they didn't mention 23 seconds of anything.

I even mentioned to my wife that I saw someone rant before the episode aired, (on TAPS own forum) about the flaslight thing and it said that's not paranormal, when my batteries are low on my flashlight it flickers too. But I said maybe they show Jason changing the batteries but it keeps doing it, but they did'nt do it, J mentions it could be the wiring going bad but they don't look into it. I'm just confused all the hype for 23 seconds and I saw about 10 of a flashlight.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Donn_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:50 am

It's a TV show. The network will do all sorts of things to get you to watch. Maybe they did look into it and it was edited out. Who knows.
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:56 am

Well the thing to remember is that it's not neccesarily TAPS making it look awesome then letting us down, i find it hard to beleive a team with that much reputation would put it on the line with crappy investigating. The fact of the matter is that SCI-FI is one of the best stations at luring people in and then letting them down. The stupid Sci-Fi original movies, how many chucking (yes i'm using it in the same context chuck does) different types of monsters and disasters do they have to come up with before they get the point that they suck?!?!? So i guess what i'm trying to say is to not neccesarily blame TAPS, because more than likely Sci-Fi is the culprit.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:11 am

Your right I can't blame TAPS for this. TAPS is very entertaing and to be honest wether it's fake or not I'm going to keep watching.
Damn you SCI-Fi. On a side note I laughed so hard when they show the preveiw for the Rock Monster movie. That was Chucking Ridiculous.
Did you catch that?
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:01 pm

lol Uh-huh, I agree with you Kevin.
Ha Sci-Fi original movie titles alone make me giggle.

Anyway, like I said on the Ghost Hunters forums -- I would rather the show be a little boring, as long as the evidence is true and not in the slightest faked. If we can believe in them and trust them 100% that everything you're seeing is for real, then THAT is my idea of a perfect ghost hunting show. Wink
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:16 pm

Actually, "Most Haunted" is a far better show and is far more legitimate, I think.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I am kidding, of course! lol!

Although, sometimes, I think Yvette is sorta cute. That's my private shame.
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:35 pm

HPI-Kurt wrote:Actually, "Most Haunted" is a far better show and is far more legitimate, I think.

...I don't even know what to say to you...really... Rolling Eyes
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:09 pm

HPI-Kurt wrote:Actually, "Most Haunted" is a far better show and is far more legitimate, I think.

.. are you hanging your head while typing this? Wink
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 pm

[GHoST].Jeanette wrote:they were going to Wright Patterson Air Force Base!
Did you listen to the clip Dustin made on this eppy? no one on the show, nor in the reveal mentions it, but I posted about it because I heard it clear as a bell when watching it. Then others started to go back and listen and they too were hearing it.

Chris asked how old the person was, and you hear a man answer: (perhaps he said, there is debate on it) - 83.

And still nothing by SciFi or TAPS on it.
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down