GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My God, this is a scene from a late-night movie, Tracy thought wildly

Go down

My God, this is a scene from a late-night movie, Tracy thought wildly Empty My God, this is a scene from a late-night movie, Tracy thought wildly

Post by heroisthai Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:09 am

My God, this is a scene from a late-night movie, Tracy thought wildly. I'm the Rita Hayworth character, meeting Cary Grant's parents for the first time. I need a drink. In the old movies the butler always came to the rescue with a tray of drinks.

"Where were you born, my dear?" Mrs. Stanhope asked.

"In Louisiana. My father was a mechanic." There had been no need to add that, but Tracy was unable to resist. To hell with them. She was proud of her father.

"A mechanic?"

"Yes. He started a small manufacturing plant in New Orleans and built it up into a fairly large company in its field. When father died five years ago, my mother took over the business."

"What does this--- er--- company manufacture?"

"Exhaust pipes and other'automotive parts."

Mr. and Mrs. Stanhope exchanged a look and said in unison, "I see."

Their tone made Tracy tense up. I wonder how long it's going to take me to love them? she asked herself. She looked into the two unsympathetic faces across from her, and to her horror began babbling inanely. "You'll really like my mother. She's beautiful, and intelligent, and charming. She's from the South. She's very small, of course, about your height, Mrs. Stanhope---" Tracy's words trailed off, weighted down by the oppressive silence. She gave a silly little laugh that died away under Mrs. Stanhope's stare.

It was Mr. Stanhope who said without expression, "Charles informs us you're pregnant."

poppen
munthe plus simonsen
heroisthai
heroisthai
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 263
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down