GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What equipment do YOU have?

3 posters

Go down

What equipment do YOU have? Empty What equipment do YOU have?

Post by Syren Song Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 am

Our equipment is listed on our website. But what about yours? What do you personally own yourself? What makes/models? What is the next thing you want to buy?

This Christmas, I'll have my own camcorder. The next thing I'd personally like to buy is just a K-2 Meter. But, there's still a whole list of things we need and just don't have the money for yet.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

What equipment do YOU have? Empty Re: What equipment do YOU have?

Post by Stoner Thu May 08, 2008 8:30 am

yeah camcorders are the biz.

I wonder what others think of the K-2 meter. I'm tempted, but I've heard bad reviews, most notably on ghost village radio stating that it is hyped up as TAPS use one.
Stoner
Stoner
Vortex
Vortex

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu May 08, 2008 10:58 am

Ah, so probably could do without then? Yeah, TAPs has made them big. In fact, that was one of the main reasons I wanted to get one, as they used in on more than one occasion to speak to/get feedback from the ghosts.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoner Mon May 12, 2008 6:20 am

once I got a decent reading from the natural EMF trifield meter when a psychic claimed to be experincing some kind of paranormal event. The meter was stationary on a shelf beside him, and in the height of the event, it's alarm went off.

Its the same one that Kurt has. Also once in a student house where the girls there had experienced strange events, I got large deflections in the Magnetic and Electric fields around the kitched area. I killed the power in the place but the reading still went up and down more then I would have expected.

apart from that I've never experienced much with them, but i still like them.

Last edited by Stoner on Mon May 12, 2008 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Stoner
Stoner
Vortex
Vortex

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon May 12, 2008 6:31 am

Interesting - those are still some noteworthy experiences!
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoner Mon May 12, 2008 11:52 am

yes noteworthy indeed, but like i always say are they any different to what goes on normally?, who goes around with an emf meter for 5 hours a night? over that period of time would you expect something to happen anyway. Like staring in a corridor in pitch darkness then you think you might have seen seomthing.
But who stares into pitch darkness for long periods of time normally.

IMO a lot of the activities that we carry out on investigations are not relative to our every day activity, so it can be difficult to have a relative experience to compare it to. Like taking 10 photos of one thing and seeing if there are orbs etc, normally 1 or 2 photos would do.

Staring into the dark, analysing EMF meters, listening intently for knocking etc.

Anyway I still think that an EMF meter is important, i use to like the idea of measuring the density of a field in a room and determining how much work could be done as a result.
i.e moving something through the air.

From a maths and readings point of view I have never seen anything that approached a field that was dense enough to produce a force that could move anything over and above a spec of dirt any distance at all, never mind fling a ball or a rock.

Initially at investigations I though that this was what EMF meters were for. Now I understand that some people think ghosts have a electro magnetic field, and also that sensitive people are sensitive to electro magnetic fields so it's my job to see if there is a logical reason for a field or not.

I liked it better the other way TBH.
Stoner
Stoner
Vortex
Vortex

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon May 12, 2008 12:01 pm

You know, those are very good points. In order to measure something properly, you first must know its state of normalty, its base state. We attempt to do this in the field, yet, as you have said, no one simply stares off into the darkness for hours on end or takes readings for that length of time throughout the entire night either.

As with anything concerning ghosts and the paranormal, everything is just theory and speculation -- nothing is fact for sure. So, when it comes to measuring a spirit and determining what a ghost is composed of (energy, electromagnetictivty, etc.) it's all based on what we've experienced and how we've been able to analyze it (ie. with the current equipment ghost hunters regularly use).

It's pretty complicated, if you allow yourself to delve that deep into thought.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Leslie Tue May 13, 2008 8:30 pm

We have ours listed on our website. Our newest additions is the 4 night vision Surveillance cameras with dvr, and the 20" flat screen tv monitor.
That took a huge lump sum of money to get though, so no huge new things any time soon!
We are looking into buying more voice recorders though, as well as a few more emf detectors ect. That way we have more to work with. =)

My dream equipment though would definitely be the thermal cam. If only I had the money!
Leslie
Leslie
Orb
Orb

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-04

http://www.oregonghosthunters.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Tue May 13, 2008 8:40 pm

Wow, you guys sure have a lot! Very Happy Those are the things we still have left to get. It's an expensive hobby! Those micro two-way radios look handy as well!

lol Yeah, if only.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum