My Lonely Photo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:10 am

Throughout my years of investigating, I've never captured a picture of an entity or an apparition. However, I have captured many photos of "orbs," which, like pretty much every "orb," was nothing paranormal. There was only one that I ever kept since it not only looked somewhat spooky, but also seemed slightly different than the vast majority of them. It's been disproved by other investigators though, so I respect their opinions. I do not believe it to be paranormal at all, but I thought I would share it anyway.

And now, the only orb picture I've ever saved...!




_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by oldcloud on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm

Orbs are energy,, We all have that energy.
Nice photo usually you can find reflective thing, but not there.
Good start, go deeper.

oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Donn_DPS on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:53 pm

oldcloud wrote:Orbs are energy,, We all have that energy.
Nice photo usually you can find reflective thing, but not there.
Good start, go deeper.

Huh? Suspect

There are literally millions of situations that can create "orbs" everything from comatic flare due to lens induced aberrations to dust, bugs and moisture. Seeing an "orb" and assuming it's a ball of energy r spirit would be like hearing a movement in the woods and assuming it's a unicorn.

Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Age : 39
Location : Glen Ellyn Illinois
Occupation : Optician/Free Lance Writer on Ophthalmic Optics.
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 pm

I agree - many different situations can produce the outcome of a supposed orb. It's never easy to tell which is real and which isn't (if real orbs do, indeed, even exist). I did save this photo though since, to me, it looked different than most other photographs people have taken.

However, these are all our own personal views on the matter. Orbs, just like the subject of ghosts and the afterlife, can all be viewed differently depending on your own spiritual, religious, or open-minded beliefs.

_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Guest on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:59 pm

I think there are a lot of mixed beliefs as to what causes orbs. I tend to lean more towards what donn said about the lense, dust, moisture etc, but that doesn't mean those things explain the orb every time. It could be something paranormal- anything is possible.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Donn_DPS on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:06 pm

I agree! There is almost no way to determine what it is after the photo has been taken. Most likely it's nothing paranormal. Because there are so many natural things that can cause them I don't see how it could be included as any sort of evidence. There realy is no way to study them. The only way I would be conviced and orbs was paranormal is if I had to jump out of the way as it was flying past me!

Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Age : 39
Location : Glen Ellyn Illinois
Occupation : Optician/Free Lance Writer on Ophthalmic Optics.
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:09 pm

Lol now that would be an experience!!

I think that's probably what's best and most professional, especially as a paranormal team. Because orbs can be reproduced by many different things, and it's so easy to create them in every setting imaginable - outside or in (unless, perhaps, you are in some kind of air-tight government cleaning facility!) - then it's probably just a good idea to not pay any mind to them, for the sake of argument.

_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Orbs

Post by oldcloud on Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:59 pm

You can read all orbs are fake on Strangehappenings.org
Ive seen orbs they are real, (not photo orbs).

oldcloud
Vortex
Vortex

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-04-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Donn_DPS on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:59 pm

The day I believe in orbs is the day I have to dive out of the way of one going berzerk! If that's happened to you that would be a great story to post!

Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Age : 39
Location : Glen Ellyn Illinois
Occupation : Optician/Free Lance Writer on Ophthalmic Optics.
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Aesalon on Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am

Donn_DPS wrote:I agree! There is almost no way to determine what it is after the photo has been taken. Most likely it's nothing paranormal. Because there are so many natural things that can cause them I don't see how it could be included as any sort of evidence. There realy is no way to study them. The only way I would be conviced and orbs was paranormal is if I had to jump out of the way as it was flying past me!

Agreed - I tend to lean this way on any photographic evidence (Mists - light anomalies, etc.) Orbs are just the easiest to throw out because you can pick them up almost anywhere. (Not that it stops me from taking still photos - I guess that I'm hoping that one time I will catch something so amazing that it will floor me.)

Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Age : 42
Location : SW Iowa
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 am

Aesalon wrote:(Not that it stops me from taking still photos - I guess that I'm hoping that one time I will catch something so amazing that it will floor me.)

lol Same here!

_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Merc4Hire-ARPAST on Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:16 am

w1ngs0fate wrote:Throughout my years of investigating, I've never captured a picture of an entity or an apparition.


But you will someday. And when that happens, be prepared. In your investigations, always presume that something strange is just around the corner or in the next image. This keeps your attention heightened & prepares you for the moment. That way, you'll be ecstatic (sp??) when it happens & it won't just completely spook you out of your wits.

Just don't let that heightened sense of attention start letting you see things that aren't really there....it's just a fine line that has to be perfected over time. I HAVE had an "experience"....once.....and it's jus too personal to talk much about. If I had actually been an investigator then, it might just have spooked me enough to seriously wonder whether I actually wanted to try to LOOK for this stuff.

As it was, it only pinged my curiosity....at least after I got over the fright. Smile Smile

Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 52
Age : 47
Location : Underground.
Occupation : Spy.
Registration date : 2008-04-15

View user profile http://www.magnetcoverocks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:09 am

Yeah, there is definitely a good middle ground you'll want to be on during investigations - one that consists of an open mind to both possibilities (paranormal and normal).

An experience like that I'm sure is hard to forget! Maybe one of these days I'll experience something closer to that magnitude.

_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Stew_DPS on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 am

Merc4Hire wrote:[
But you will someday. And when that happens, be prepared. In your investigations, always presume that something strange is just around the corner or in the next image. This keeps your attention heightened & prepares you for the moment. That way, you'll be ecstatic (sp??) when it happens & it won't just completely spook you out of your wits.

Not sure if I totally agree. From what I've heard alot (most?) experiences happen when it is not expected. I think if we walk around every corner expecting something, our sense are a bit too wound up, and we could end up psyching ourselves out. I say just relax and try to be level at all times.

Stew_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 77
Age : 39
Location : Naperville
Registration date : 2008-04-12

View user profile http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Syren Song on Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:22 am

Stew_DPS wrote:
Merc4Hire wrote:[
But you will someday. And when that happens, be prepared. In your investigations, always presume that something strange is just around the corner or in the next image. This keeps your attention heightened & prepares you for the moment. That way, you'll be ecstatic (sp??) when it happens & it won't just completely spook you out of your wits.

Not sure if I totally agree. From what I've heard alot (most?) experiences happen when it is not expected. I think if we walk around every corner expecting something, our sense are a bit too wound up, and we could end up psyching ourselves out. I say just relax and try to be level at all times.

Good point, Stew.

lol I can just picture many teams tiptoeing around places, their video cameras and EMF meters in hand, dressed from head-to-toe in black, looking as if they are Solid Snake getting ready to round a corner and choke the hell out of an unsuspecting victim!

_________________
Jeanette


Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Age : 29
Location : Schaumburg, Illinois
Occupation : Video game artist and designer student
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Merc4Hire-ARPAST on Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Stew_DPS wrote:
Not sure if I totally agree. From what I've heard alot (most?) experiences happen when it is not expected. I think if we walk around every corner expecting something, our sense are a bit too wound up, and we could end up psyching ourselves out. I say just relax and try to be level at all times.


I can see your point also. My opinion on that is probably a bit biased, since for the larger part of my life I was a career soldier, serving as a front-line infantryman in Panama, & a sniper in Desert Storm. In that type of job, you have to be at heightened alert constantly, or you stand a good chance of missing some little, but very important happening.

13 years of that, I suppose, has caused it to carry over somewhat in whatever I do presently.

Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 52
Age : 47
Location : Underground.
Occupation : Spy.
Registration date : 2008-04-15

View user profile http://www.magnetcoverocks.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by marita on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:42 pm

What is Orbs? Has anybody witnessed it? Is there any evidence where we can believe that orbs exist?
---------------------------------------------------------------
marita
Guaranteed ROI
Viral Marketing
Social Media Marketing
Search Engine Submissions
Email Marketing
Search Engine Marketing
Search Engine Optimization

Inspire Internet Marketing

marita
Orb
Orb

Female
Number of posts : 1
Age : 27
Location : united states
Registration date : 2008-07-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Guest on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Ooo That's a good bot there.. So many links to click! Clap

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Donn_DPS on Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:51 pm

Cool! I want a DPS bot!!! I love you

Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Age : 39
Location : Glen Ellyn Illinois
Occupation : Optician/Free Lance Writer on Ophthalmic Optics.
Registration date : 2008-03-10

View user profile http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Lonely Photo

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:28 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum