GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello from HPI!

4 posters

Go down

Hello from HPI! Empty Hello from HPI!

Post by HPI-Kurt Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:04 am

Hello!

I'm Kurt...a member of Heartland Paranormal Investigations. We're based in Wisconsin (don't hate me because of that, ok?), and I have been a paranormal investigator for almost 4 years now.
I stumbled across this site by accident last week. My girlfriend and I broke up recently (on very good terms), and she's going to be moving to the Chicago area in May. I plan on going down there to visit her once in a while, and members from my paranormal research group might come, too. So I Googled paranormal locations/groups in Illinois to see if there was anything we could check out when we're down there, and came across this website.
I have seen literally HUNDREDS of websites created by paranormal research groups, and this is far and away the best-looking one that I have ever seen! I seriously *love* it, and you guys should be proud.
We've worked with a few Illinois-based groups on some co-investigations, and I talk to quite a few people from groups down there, and have run into some truly great people.
Other than that, the rest of my life is pretty...boring. We have an investigation next month near Milwaukee with what sounds like some serious poltergeist activity going on, so I am looking forward to that. I am the EVP technician for our group, so I am excited to see what I can catch.
It's honestly really nice to meet all of you. Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Hello from HPI! Empty Re: Hello from HPI!

Post by Syren Song Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 am

Hey Kurt, welcome! Ah Wisconsin is a pretty nice place! (My family and I took a vacation there some years ago. Gotta love the cheese!)

That's great that you happened to find our website from Googling paranormal teams in this area! And that's wonderful that you and your ex are still on good terms - that really doesn't happen very often at all, so at least you can be thankful for that. Wow and thank you very much. Smile I appreciate it! Someday, we might even be making our site even better -- Tony (the co-founder of out team GHoST) is into designing webpages. I actually worked on the current one we have, but I think someday he may be able to do something even better, which would be great!

There are a few other teams in IL that I'm aware of, but one of them in particular is quite a good team as well. They're called DuPage Paranormal Society and we've become friends with them recently since starting our own team.

You'll have to let us know how your investigation in Milwaukee goes! My favorite aspect of ghost hunting I would say are EVPs, so I think we have a bit in common there. Wink It's really great to meet you also and thanks for stopping by our boards!
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:18 pm

Thank you, Jeanette! Smile
I'll definitely hang around and contribute what I can.
Yeah, I am utterly fascinated with EVPs. For some reason, I seem to be *really* lucky at getting them. I've caught them on my recorder when someone else's recorder two feet away has nothing but silence.
My ex got a new laptop, so she gave me her old one, and I've been busy loading audio software onto it. Being able to bring it along on investigations and actually record right to the computer has been so great, and I am learning as much as I can about EVP theory and technical aspects of it.
I'll post links to some of our cooler EVPs when I get them uploaded the new hosting site. Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Awesome, sounds great! I too have been pretty lucky in the past with capturing EVPs (don't know if you've listened to them on our website - '05 & '06 EVP Recordings). That's strange though that another person's recorder so close couldn't pick up what yours did!? Interesting. The paranormal is still such an enigma.

Yeah, definitely - you'll have to share what you have! Very Happy
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -{GHoST}- KBarrows Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:12 pm

Hey man, welcome to the site! Nice to meet you! Hope to see around here a lot.
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:17 pm

hey, Kurt welcome to the forums. Glad to read you like the site Smile Good luck on your upcoming investigation!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Thanks, guys! It's great to be here...you have a wonderful site and message board! Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:32 pm

We've already said 'hey' Razz but HEY again! don't forget to give me a shout when you guys do some investigating - I'm up for it!
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum