GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stuff happening in my apartment...

4 posters

Go down

Stuff happening in my apartment... Empty Stuff happening in my apartment...

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 am

Ever since last spring, strange things have been going on in my apartment. Here's a list.

LAST SPRING:

* It all started shortly after my girlfriend and I moved into the new apartment, and we would constantly find Legos laying on the floor. Neither of us have any Legos, so we had no clue where these were coming from. She would find one, throw it away (in our cat-proof garbage can), and then it would be laying on the floor again the following day. My theory was that a kid lived there before us and had some Legos stuck somewhere (like on top of the kitchen cupboards) and the cats found them and were playing with them. But, when I went to look at the apartment the first time, it was *spotless*. So if there WERE Legos there, they were hidden pretty well.

* Shortly after we moved in, we heard scratching on the bedroom door one night. It's not unusual for the cats to do this, but this didn't sound like the cat's usual scratching. The next morning, we found scribbling on the door from a green crayon. This *COULD* have been there since we moved in, and we just never noticed it.

* Natalie (my girlfriend) heard strange voices in the bathroom one night, and we both noticed that sometimes when we get up and go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, the apartment doesn't feel right and the cats sometimes seem spooked by something. I was annoying Natalie at this point by sort of pooh-poohing her and telling her that I was a ghosthunter and that our apartment was NOT haunted and we were just reading too much into stuff. I didn't believe there was anything spooky going on...

* ... until this happened. One night, Natalie was sick and congested really bad, and was snoring REALLY loud because of it. So, I went to sleep on the couch in the living room. At around 3:00 am, I woke up and heard a child giggling in the living room. It went on for a few seconds, and then trailed off. And I *know* I was awake and it wasn't some waking-dream sort of thing. It was clearly a young child (I think a boy) giggling. Not in any evil way, just a happy giggle.

* A few nights after that, Natalie got out of the shower one evening and called me into the bathroom. The steam had fogged up the mirror, and there was a clear child's handprint on the mirror that was never there before. It was smaller than both of our hands. That mirror fogs up on a daily basis, and the handprint was NOT there that morning, or else I would have noticed it. I did take some pictures of it, but haven't loaded them onto my computer yet.

* Sunday evening, I was in the kitchen making supper and standing over the sink. Natalie was in the shower. There is a bar-type counter in the kitchen that looks into the living room. I was facing away from it, and on the wall above the sink, there was the obvious shadow of someone walking through the living room. I figured it was one of the cats, because they sometimes walk across the shelf, but when I looked, two cats were laying on the floor by me, and the other two were asleep in different rooms, so I have NO idea where the shadow came from. But it was clearly the shadow of *something* walking past the kitchen behind me.

Then, things just stopped. Until THIS spring, when they started up again!

THIS SPRING

* Almost exactly a year after we moved in, my girlfriend was in the shower one night after I went to bed. She said she heard a loud "thump" against the door, and the sound of the knob moving. She thought it was me, so she told me to come in. I was sound asleep at the time, so it wasn't me. Now...keep in mind that we have FIVE cats, so it could easily have been them wrestling against the door.

* Also that week, when my girlfriend was in the shower one night, three caps from her various hair stuff sitting on the counter all popped off at once and went flying across the room. It could have been due to the heat or humidity in the room, but that's never happened before in the two years we've been in the apartment.

* Over the weekend, my girlfriend was in the kitchen getting something to eat and I was in the living room sitting on a chair and using my laptop. There is a bar-type counter that looks into the kitchen from where I was sitting. I had to be no more than 7 feet away from her. From right between the two of us came the sound of a child singing something. I assumed it was my girlfriend, so I asked her what the heck she was singing in that weird voice. She said that she hadn't said a word, and she thought the sound was me playing an EVP on my laptop, which it wasn't (my laptop volume was muted). No idea what the heck that was.

* Not long after that, I was laying in bed sleeping. My girlfriend was still in the living room on her computer, so I was alone in the room. At one point, I woke up and *very* clearly heard the sound of a young child next to the bed say the word "cold...", in a really sad voice like they were complaining about how cold it was. It could have been a half-asleep dream, but I have my doubts.

* Days later, I was picking things up on the side of the bed, and there was a yellow Lego laying there! We have NOT had any Legos in the apartment, and we threw out the ones that popped up last year, so I have NO idea where this came from!

* I let the Lego sit out on the dresser for several nights, and nothing happened. So two weeks ago, I decided to put it away in a drawer. The night I did that, I woke up during the night and heard what sounded like a child standing next to the bed and sobbing. Needless to say, I put the Lego back out on the dresser.

That was about three weeks ago, and nothing has happened since then.
It's just weird how this seems to be almost on a yearly schedule. It *sounds* like a residual haunting, but it also interacts with stuff (crying about the Lego, etc).
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Stuff happening in my apartment... Empty Re: Stuff happening in my apartment...

Post by -{GHoST}- KBarrows Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, that would creep me out a little bit. The child stuff is pretty creepy... anyway, have you done any research into the history of the building your in and more so the room your living in? Has anything tragic happened (I.E. a child’s death) at least then we could make a few guesses about it. I don't think anything I know could explain the child’s handprint or voice, so this may be legit. The fact that it happens in the spring it seems like could be tied to the child’s time of death or favorite time of year (assuming there was a child)

Last edited by {GHoST} KBarrows on Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:14 pm

These are really interesting stories you have, and I also really appreciate that you are looking at each objectively. Usually, when people have their own stories to tell, they tend to over exaggerate and make it seem as if it couldn't have possibly been anything else!

Anyway, yes, Kyle asked some excellent questions. Also, have you tried investigating your apartment, maybe turned on the audio recorder perhaps to try and catch anything? I'd suggest trying that out a couple of times at different points during the day/night and see what you can come up with.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -{GHoST}- KBarrows Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:25 pm

Put some legos on the floor, focus a video camera on them and the room, place a voice recorder in the room by the legos and turn it on... to add to Jeanette's idea
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:31 pm

-{GHoST}- KBarrows wrote:Put some legos on the floor, focus a video camera on them and the room, place a voice recorder in the room by the legos and turn it on... to add to Jeanette's idea

Sounds like a good idea. I'd be interested in seeing the results for that! What a Face
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by -{GHoST}- KBarrows Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:33 pm

me to!! See Kurt, now you have to do it
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:08 pm

Thanks for the input, guys! Smile

I actually did a bit of digging into the apartment's background, but it's almost impossible. The apartment complex has changed owners several times over the years, and the apartment themselves have such a high rate of turnovers with new people moving in and out all the time that it's hard to get much information about anything.
I've also left my digital recorder out several nights, but didn't catch anything. Sad
It's been completely quiet here for a few weeks now, so I think the window of time for this activity is over for now. If the pattern continues, it will start up again early next February.
My paranormal investigation group wanted to do an investigation here, but I didn't want to. It was actually never spooky or troublesome. The giggling always seemed happy. My gut feeling that is that if there IS the spirit of a child here, he's here because he's happy here.
Although, another group member has been experiencing strange things in her house when nothing has ever happened there before, and now we're wondering if we're possibly bringing these spirits home with us after an investigation.
That, to me, is a spooky thought...
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:30 pm

HPI-Kurt wrote:It's been completely quiet here for a few weeks now, so I think the window of time for this activity is over for now. If the pattern continues, it will start up again early next February.
Interesting that you're able to perhaps track the pattern. If it does begin again next February, at least you'll be prepared. But, like you said, the entity doesn't seem malevolent, so at least you have nothing to worry about there.
HPI-Kurt wrote:...and now we're wondering if we're possibly bringing these spirits home with us after an investigation.
That, to me, is a spooky thought...
I have heard of such a thing happening before, though the people who had warned me of such I found questionable, to say the least, so I was never truly sure if such a thing was really possible or did happen. If spirits do follow investigators home, I can't imagine they would do so out of anger or hate. Maybe they simply want to communicate with someone, and an investigator who seeks ghosts and chances to communicate with them seems like a likely target.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:39 am

Well, as long as it doesn't materialize and do that creepy jerky-walk thing that ghosts do in horror movies these days, I will be fine. Smile
Actually, if it was the spirit of a little girl, that would be a different story. A few years ago, two female members of my group and my ex-girlfriend ALL had the same dream where the spirit of a little girl comes to me and says that she needs my help, and when I go to help her, it turns out to really be a demon pretending to be a little girl, and it kills me.
If one person had that dream, it would be one thing, but THREE people all having that same dream kind of makes me worry sometimes, you know?
I honestly don't know if I believe that a spirit can attach itself to an investigator and follow them home, but I know people who *swear* it has happened to them.
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by miyako Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

[b] well i should say it is really weird.... i ve spend some nights in a home that looked haunted but i dont know if it was.... i was there only with my best friend and some stuff happened.... the kitchen was starting on its own.... the sink would overflow for no reason... and a pair of black shadow hands appeared on the bathroom door.... also when i was crying about something the moment i started crying all the dvds from the other side of the room just flew away like something pushed them.... these things happened only when we were alone and together(with no others just us) so no one believed us... i should point that we were in another room when the kitchen things happened and none of us could do it... also one time we were talking about spirits and stuff all the closets started opening and closing on their own and very loud
miyako
miyako
Orb
Orb

Female
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down