GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Each new episode

3 posters

Go down

Each new episode Empty Each new episode

Post by Syren Song Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Is it just me, or do they seem to hype up every new episode lately? If it's not this amount of pure footage or this scary never-before-seen event, it's something that'll change your life...forever! Is it possible they are getting desperate for more viewers? Or has that been their advertising strategy all along and I simply hadn't noticed?

Well, we'll see what's the next big thing on this week's episode of Ghost Hunters.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Each new episode Empty Re: Each new episode

Post by HPI-Kurt Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:31 am

I honestly think you are right. Each preview for the next show always says something now like "which TAPS member's life is put in danger?" or "what evidence do they get that will change the field of paranormal research?".
I think it was always a *little* bit like this in the past, but now it's getting more and more overblown and overhyped.
I think it's because people are getting tired with the show, and it's a way to make it "exciting" again. But I think it's going to hurt the show more than it's going to help it. People are going to get sick of it really, really quickly.
What annoys me is the contrived "oh my god, what was that!?!?" moment they have right before the cut to commercial, only to come back from commercial and find out that it was only a spider or one of the camera crew farting. Rolling Eyes
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:29 am

HPI-Kurt wrote:I think it's because people are getting tired with the show, and it's a way to make it "exciting" again. But I think it's going to hurt the show more than it's going to help it.
Yeah, I agree with that.

lol I know! They always do that right before commercial. It'd be fine if they actually had something crazy to show us, but it's almost always nothing.

And not only that, but this is something Tony and I were both discussing during last week's episode. Grant and Jay never have cameras themselves (besides sometimes the thermal camera). A video camera is standard investigation equipment. The camera guy video taping them is not even there for that purpose either. He always focuses on them. So many times, you'll get Grant or Jason pointing at something off camera and yelling, "Oh my God! What was that!? Did you see that!?" And we're at home watching like, "Um, no. All I see is you freaking out and pointing." It sucks! They really need to have their own cameras or something. If we saw NEAR the amount that TAPs did, their show would be so much more interesting.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:58 am

Wow...I actually never really thought about that.
That's seriously a really good point! I wonder why that is?
There's a lot of things they do that makes me say "wha?", actually. I don't understand some of their logic or methods. But maybe that's why they have a show and I don't. Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Lol maybe. Or maybe you're doing an even better job than them!?
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by SILLYGOOSE Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:07 pm

I think Grant started it by saying on his myspace blog that he was VERY excited because they had so much ACTUAL proof this season.

.. I only tune in (IF I do, but I do DVR it so I can catch it if I hear it's good or something happened) to see Grant - he's easy on the eyes Nod
SILLYGOOSE
SILLYGOOSE
Mist
Mist

Female
Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down