GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life On Other Planets

5 posters

Go down

Do believe in alien life?

Life On Other Planets Vote_cap82%Life On Other Planets Vote_cap 82% 
[ 9 ]
Life On Other Planets Vote_cap0%Life On Other Planets Vote_cap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Life On Other Planets Vote_cap18%Life On Other Planets Vote_cap 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

Life On Other Planets Empty Life On Other Planets

Post by Syren Song Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:18 pm

Thoughts? Opinions? Do aliens exist? Have they visited us?

I've been watching UFO shows constantly on the History channel, and that, to me, is some of - if not the - most interesting things to hear about. Anything concerning extraterrestrial life, from eye-witness stories to science and fact, theories, and so forth - it all interests me greatly.

I am a believer in alien life. I guess I'll post here what I posted on my DeviantArt Journal...

Your God is an alien.

This is not a statement of any sort of humor, despite your initial thoughts.

If you were, in my opinion, one of the lucky ones to have caught the show UFO Files on the History channel last night, the episode entitled UFOs in the Bible (see this YouTube video to watch it), then you have caught a glimpse of what I myself have believed for quite some time already. They are bringing science to UFOlogy and USOlogy; speculation, out the window. For just a moment, recall any and every story within the Bible that you are able. Then, consider what you already know concerning extra terrestrial activity. Don't constrict your mind by not allowing yourself to piece the puzzle together with your modern knowledge in comparison to the comprehension of the time.

Do not, for a moment, consider me ignorant or for goodness sake, psychotic. I am, quite shamelessly, an open-minded human being, sincerely willing to consider every and all options before finalizing my own opinion on matters that are not yet, or may not ever be defined as fact.

I am a firm believer in extra terrestrial life, or aliens, if you will. If you take into account the sheer size of our universe, there is extremely little chance, so miniscule, that life cannot exist outside of our spec of a planet. If you do not already know how massive the universe truly is, perhaps this photograph will help you understand. Each of those swirling masses is a type of galaxy. Our Milky Way galaxy alone houses countless planets and star systems. Within the universe, there are trillions upon trillions of galaxies, utterly limitless in their number, each with thousands of planets of their own. To believe we are the only life, even the only intelligent life, is absolute naivety.

Therefore, if life on planets other than ours does exist, and, to assume we are not the most advanced (which, given our state currently, is very likely an accurate assumption), why then is it so hard to believe that Earth has not been visited by that life? It is even common to assume that not only have we been visited throughout history and into modern times by one species, but by numerous outside visitors of varying planets and races.

Silly, you may think. This is because, perhaps up until now, it has been out of your capabilities of comprehension or your willingness to grasp such an understanding. Those that refuse to believe or admit that they believe in such monumental thoughts are likely afraid of what the outcome could be within their society. They fear what every human fears - being different.

Jesus, miracles, angels, fire in the sky, voices from above, assistance in technology and the sharing of knowledge all can, quite easily and rationally concluded to be, believe it or not, from outside superiority.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Life On Other Planets Empty Re: Life On Other Planets

Post by Merc4Hire-ARPAST Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:41 am

Absolutely it exists, but not necessarily in our own solar system. Has it ever visited us?? I'm not sure. Skeptic me says no....I've never saw 100% provable evidence. Scientific me says no.....the distances are just too far. However, everyday me says maybe......I had a POSSIBLE sighting when I was very young.

I happen to be a very knowledgable & active astronomer. I believe that I can state with 99.8% certainty that no other life currently exists in our own solar system, with the POSSIBLE exception of 1 or 2 moons, mainly Europa.....but that's a stretch.

Very primitive life MIGHT have existed on Mars at one time. By that I'm talking of tiny things....ameobae, bacteria, spores, stuf like that. But it's gone now.

However, our Earth revolves around a G type star. While not nearly the most common type of star, there's still thousands of nearly identical ones in our own galaxy. We know of at least 10 or 15 MILLION other galaxies, maybe 10% of them similar to the Milky Way. And the universe is endless. (No, I don't subscribe to Einstein's theory of warped space-time which loops back upon itself.....I go for the "infinite" theory)

But that boggles the mind & is incomprehensible to our brain....at least if you want to stay sane. So, just dealing with the part of the universe that we can see, we have around a million "Milky Ways" in the universe. Let's say for simplicity that there's 1,000 G-stars in each, which is VERY conservative.

That means there are 1 billion "Sol's" out there. Now, let's just say that 1% of them have a developed system of planets, with at least 1 of them lying in that star's habitable zone. That leaves us with 10 MILLION "Earth's" out there.

My scientific me says that, even with the careful conditions necessary for life to evolve, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE for at least one of those "Earth's" to NOT have life.

So yes, it's out there somewhere. And we didn't even touch on the possibility, or probability more accurately, that alien life may be based on something other than carbon, iron, & water. What if it's based on silicone or hydrogen peroxide. Now we've just quadrupled the number of star systems capable of supporting life.

That in mind, I simply can't believe that the human race is completely alone in the universe.
Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Merc4Hire-ARPAST
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-15

http://www.magnetcoverocks.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:19 am

Very good observations. Nod I've heard similar arguments in the past, which tend to give you a little more perspective on just how large of a universe we live in. It's simply amazing.

As far as space travel goes - at our current state in technology, we know that we cannot surpass light speed, though we couldn't even go that fast even if we wanted. This makes it hard for many people to understand just how, if aliens have visited our planet, they are getting here. The theory of bending time and space now is becoming widely popular as it is not only believable, but even likely.

The theory is best described as this: You have two points at opposite ends on a piece of paper. If asked, "What is the shortest distance between these two points?" one might respond with, "a straight line." However, that is incorrect. The shortest distance between those two points is the point itself. Let's say you're on Point A and you want to travel to Point B. All you need to do is bring Point B to where you are. This is done by simply folding the paper in half and lining up Point B to Point A. Now, picturing this on a larger scale, relating it to space travel, those two points obviously represent planets, and the paper represents time and space. What was done with the paper can also be done with space, amazingly enough.

As for how it's done - I'm no scientist, so I can't explain it in any sort of impressive terms, but I believe it may have something to do with the ability to open up worm holes upon will, technology the aliens are believed to have in their capabilities.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:40 pm

I completely believe that there are planets out there that have other life forms on them. It would be completely narcissistic of us to assume that we're the only life form in the universe.
As fascinated as I am by UFOs and any tv show that talks about UFOs, I think that 99.999% of UFO sightings are either natural phenomena or government aircraft being tested.
That does leave a small percentage that remains unexplained, though. I *love* reading conspiracy theories, and there are so many conspiracy theories about how the government made a deal with the aliens known as the "greys" that said they could experiment on cows and a small number of people. I don't know if I buy into that, but it's always fun to read.
I do have a very, very close friend who swears that she was abducted by aliens when she was a child, along with her mother and sister, and she's not the kind of person to make this up. She even refuses to talk about it with most people, and she can't watch any movies or tv shows dealing with aliens because it brings back all these feelings of fear.
I honestly don't know what to think. I'd like to think that if aliens and UFOs existed, there would be better proof of them.
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-04-20

http://www.heartlandparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:55 pm

A related side note to this: I just read an essay that basically says that all of the alien abduction episodes are dream state sleep paralysis...this is often blamed in the paranormal world for the ' unseen demonic force ' cases...first time I've heard of it being equated to alien abductions though.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Hmmmm...you know, I've never heard that, but I can see why people would tie that in with alien abductions! It actually ties in quite well with it.
I've always been skeptical of the overuse of sleep paralysis theory explaining away every incident of demonic forces holding someone down in bed or the "old hag" that is often seen when people experience this . Just the fact that SO many people see this old hag-like woman standing by them when this paralysis happens makes me wonder, you know? I know that people bring up Jungian archetypes as an explanation for so many people seeing the same old hag figure standing over them, and it's a way for the mind to rationalize what's happening to their body, but it still seems to me like it's something that should be studied further.
But I can definitely see where this would be a lot like alien abductions!
That's very cool! Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Yes, I've heard of sleep paralysis before. However, to believe each and every abduction case is the result of sleep paralysis doesn't even make sense. For starters, not everyone that reports being abducted it at home in bed -- some people are in the middle of driving when it happens. Secondly, doesn't it seem a bit odd to believe that every person with this sleep paralysis sees aliens?

It's fairly common in the ghost/paranormal realm, but even for ghost sightings, I find it a little fishy to believe into the skeptic's claims that every person that sees imaginary things and believes them to be true wakes up unable to move.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:33 pm

[GHoST].Jeanette wrote:Yes, I've heard of sleep paralysis before. However, to believe each and every abduction case is the result of sleep paralysis doesn't even make sense. For starters, not everyone that reports being abducted it at home in bed -- some people are in the middle of driving when it happens. Secondly, doesn't it seem a bit odd to believe that every person with this sleep paralysis sees aliens?

It's fairly common in the ghost/paranormal realm, but even for ghost sightings, I find it a little fishy to believe into the skeptic's claims that every person that sees imaginary things and believes them to be true wakes up unable to move.

I do agree with you both that it is a bit over the top to claim that every one of these reports (both the 'evil' force and the alien abduction) can be explained away using sleep paralysis - but it is VERY consistant with a large number of both kinds or reports (People in dream state see what their minds tell them to see, if the mind leads you in the direction of pink teddy bears - then you are being held down by pink teddy bears.)
I have 'suffered' from sleep paralysis about a dozen times since I was little - Every time it's the same: I always 'know' that I am tied or chained to something and that water is slowly filling the room. (sorry, no hags nor aliens...) It is the body's inability to move that actually guides you to whatever you are dreaming about - and generally what the paralyzed person dreams is a variation on a personal fear or preoccupation. Obviously I know that my paralysis is not paranormal in nature, but I certainly understand how people would believe it was...heh, just watch, it'll happen tonight and I'll dream about an ancient alien with scraggly hair. Smile
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HPI-Kurt Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:37 pm

Water is slowly filling the room?!?
Yikes. That would freak me out.
I am glad I don't have sleep paralysis. Sad
The worst I get is waking myself up by snoring too loud. Which could be another reason I am single again. Smile
HPI-Kurt
HPI-Kurt
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -{GHoST}- KBarrows Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:25 pm

I'm going to go with "It's an infinite universe and we're the only life forms in it?! that seems kind of lonely to me..."
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
-{GHoST}- KBarrows
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2008-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down