GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi there! My name is Kat

2 posters

Go down

Hi there! My name is Kat Empty Hi there! My name is Kat

Post by katty02 Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi there! My name is Kat and I'm extremely interested in trying this out.
I'm from the Illinois area, currently in Normal IL, but I permantely reside in the Aurora area.
I'm not sure how this works, but I was just looking to get more info. if there are any investigations in the works!
I've been interested in trying something like this in the past as I'm an avid ghost hunters fan!
I've always been interested in researching the places that are visited so if ever given the chance let me know where there's one located and I'll be willing to help!

Kat
katty02
Orb
Orb

Female
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.myspace.com

Back to top Go down

Hi there! My name is Kat Empty Re: Hi there! My name is Kat

Post by Syren Song Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:44 pm

Hi, Kat! Thanks a lot for your interest. Ghost hunting is, in my opinion, a pretty easy thing to become interested in. Wink

We currently are in the process of getting members since this team was only just created 5 days ago! I've had, so far, 2 people contact me that were interested in joining, however. So things are picking up right away, which is definitely a good thing. And now, you're another. Very Happy

Since you're in the area, it would be easy to form an investigation in this general area if you wished to join us in the future. Also, since you're new, we'd definitely be willing to help train you and get you started. Mostly, it's just getting in there in the action and learning from experience. We, GHoST, have yet to go on our first ghost hunt yet, but when it's decided, I will post it in the Ghost Hunting Schedule on our website. I will most likely say something on the forums as well.

The co-founder, my boyfriend Tony, works full time and I myself am a full time student, so our schedules are a bit hectic on weekdays, which is why most investigations will most normally take place on weekends or Friday nights.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by katty02 Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:47 pm

Awesome! Yes, I'm defintely willing to get in there and learn!
I also understand the hetic scheduling as I work full time myself!
Great set up though, it's extremely professional!
katty02
Orb
Orb

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:57 pm

Great! Ah, yes, the life of full-time jobs. Rolling Eyes And thanks for the compliment! I've been working on the site pretty much nonstop since it was created. If you want, you can give me your e-mail address so that way, in the future when we organize a ghost hunt, I'll just send you an e-mail to let you know ahead of time so you don't have to always keep checking back here (although you can if you want!). Smile
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by katty02 Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:59 pm

Ya, don't full time jobs suck!! boo.
Ya the site is really cool and amazingly put together! Everything is well done!
What made you decide to want to form a group anyways? Something you've been thinking about for awhile?

haha! Agreed on keeping up to date! It's madekat02@hotmail.com Smile
katty02
Orb
Orb

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:08 pm

Alright, I added you to my Address Book on my Mac. Smile

Thank you very much! ^^ I was getting pretty into it. I don't have a lot of money to purchase some fancy website, but I try and make do with what I have.

Well, I started ghost hunting very casually when I was 17, almost 18 years old. I went over the years to numerous places (mostly just cemeteries) with a variety of friends. I only ever had a digital voice recorder and a digital camera back then, so there wasn't much to work with, but it was exciting and interesting all the same. And, obviously, I managed to capture a few EVPs, which was what kept me going back to the cemeteries again and again.

Now, a bit older, with more equipment, and with a little more knowledge about the paranormal, I knew I wanted to go out again and ghost hunt more. Since I'm originally from about 4 hours southwest of here in a place called the Quad Cities (Tony, my boyfriend, and I only moved to Schaumburg 6 months ago), I don't know any of the areas around here yet that are said to be haunted. I figured getting a team together could bring people from this area together for the common purpose of seeking the paranormal, and, with our combined efforts, knowledge, and equipment, we would be much more successful than if it were just Tony and I. Plus, I would love to be called in to investigate a home that has claims of paranormal activity.

Now, I just hope this team is successful!
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by katty02 Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:25 pm

Sweet. Yea thats almost really all you need to get the basics of ghost huntings. I watch ghost hunters, like religiously, but I was interested in it long before that.
I had a friend who use to live in a home that had paranormal activity and we'd sit in her basement and hear some pretty interesting things, and also whne I was a bit younger I expirenced something of like a shadow man at a friends home. It was weird cause her hall light was on and the bed room door was open yet there stood a really large black figure that never moved for what seemed like an hour ( I eventually fell asleep cause I didn't know what else to do). It's strange cause you'd think with a hall light on it would illuminate him but it didn't. So I don't know. I later did find out that a man had died there, but who's to say? All I know is that I saw that man and it wasn't a dream it was extremely vivid!

I have a digi cam and have caught only what appeared to be orbs, but have always discounted them as just dust or something.

Well, I think you have a really good start with this website so I forsee good things in your future!
I'll keep my eyes open for any houses with paranormal activites for you! If I find out anything I'll defintely post a message!
katty02
Orb
Orb

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:39 pm

Yeah, you're right - those two, a camera and a recorder, are pretty much the basics for ghost hunting. And hey, that in itself was enough to get me interested in it! I started before Ghost Hunters was on TV, so back then, especially as someone just out of high school, we were less likely to debunk certain claims or evidence. It was particularly hard to be serious about it back then since so many of the friends and people that went with me were also kids and just looking to get scared. I'm definitely glad my approach has changed since then. That's great that you too were interested in it though before the show started. ^^

Wow, sitting in the basement and listening to sounds - seems a little spooky. And that shadow man especially... I can't even imagine! That would be very horrifying. And then later finding out a man had died there, sheesh. That's a good paranormal story to share though. I've never experienced anything like that ever. The most I've ever experienced is not much beyond the EVPs I've captured.

That's good though, that you're able to look at the pictures and toss them out, knowing they're more than likely just dust rather than orbs. A lot of people swear by some of their orb pictures, when clearly it's just very faint dust particles.

Thanks so much, Kat! I'm really glad you stopped by here.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content