GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Dry Run"

4 posters

Go down

"Dry Run" Empty "Dry Run"

Post by Aesalon Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:37 pm

I just read a truly helpful suggestion (IMO) on someones site...(I don't remember which one though - I think that my mind is foggy from staring at a computer screen for the last 5 hours...)

Anyway, the point is, they suggest that new teams (or teams with alot of new members) set up an investigation in a controlled environment. (a members house or apartment for example) Begin by creating a story and a series of experiences that the home owner has had, then lead the team through a short (2 or 3 hour) investigation of the place - It helps to familiarize people with the equipment (and each other) you see who works well together, & you see who has an eye for placing equipment. If you want to get truly elaborate with it you can even set up debunkable false positives to test your team in that area. Then set up a time for everyone to review the evidence so you can get an idea of who on your team may have a keen eye (ear)

I think that this will be extremely helpful for my team, as we currently have 3 investigations worth of experience between the 6 of us. (It will be nice to have an idea of what to expect of ourselves when the ectoplasm starts a flyin... Laughing )
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

"Dry Run" Empty Re: "Dry Run"

Post by Donn_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:39 pm

That is a good idea. We try and practice as much as we can. Everything from setting the equipment up and tearing it down to going through the motions of and investigation.
Donn_DPS
Donn_DPS
Corporeal Ghost
Corporeal Ghost

Male
Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://www.dupageparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah! Donn was actually the one to suggest that to me over the phone. I think that sounds like a really great idea. Personally though, I probably wouldn't want to be doing that for 3 hours. XD Maybe more like...oh, I don't know, an hour and a half or two? It's perfect for getting the team to work together and become acquainted with not only one another in the investigating environment, but to also get use to using the equipment properly.

I think we will have to do this sometime soon! Maybe after we get the Meet-and-Greet out of the way? Smile
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:54 pm

I think I have the perfect place for this. I can't guarntee anything but let me pull some strings and bug my contacts to see if they will give me the building. I'll keep you posted.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Alright, cool Chuck.

If not, we could always just use someone's house or our apartment.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content