GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lukaku ready for Blues battle

Go down

Lukaku ready for Blues battle Empty Lukaku ready for Blues battle

Post by peggy1258 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 am

learn Spanish in Granada
Hula hoop workout
Chelsea are reportedly finally closing in on the capture of Romelu Lukaku and he admitted he is ready to fight for his place at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues have been tracking the Belgium international for over two years and they looked close to capturing him earlier this summer before Andre Villas Boas's arrival.

However, the Portuguese coach looks to have given the green light to their continued pursuit of the move and reports in Belgium suggest both Anderlecht general manager Herman Van Holsbeeck and the player's agent Christophe Henrotay are in London to finalise talks with Chelsea.

On the same day Lukaku has spoken about the potential battle for first-team places in West London.

"I am waiting very calmly for the phone call that will tell me everything has been agreed between the clubs," he told Het Laatse Nieuws.

"Anderlecht and my agent are aware that this uncertainty is not good for me or the club. They will resolve things at some point."

He insists that he has no doubts that he is ready to compete for a first-team place, saying: "Absolutely. If I'm surrounded by players better than those I'm currently playing with at Anderlecht, I have the ability to adapt quickly and raise my game.

"I wouldn't play immediately if I join a top European club but I will be in an environment that will make me stronger. I will need a period of adjustment, perhaps a season, before I can compete.

"Sturridge, Kalou and Anelka would be playing out on the flank, so you have two central strikers - Drogba and Torres - but usually only one will play.

"But even at a club where there are three strikers competing for one place, you'll always play games because those clubs play 70 games in a year.

"Anything can happen at the big clubs. There may be players sold, so they would need me. I am waiting.
peggy1258
peggy1258
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-07-07

Back to top Go down