GHOST: A Paranormal Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EVP's

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

EVP's Empty EVP's

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:15 am

I have about 3 or 4 EVP's I would like for others to hear. I can't post them here, but I want you guys to give me your honest opinion. I can send them thru e-mail so if you want to hear them you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send them.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Back to top Go down

EVP's Empty Re: EVP's

Post by Aesalon Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:22 pm

MthrChucker wrote:I have about 3 or 4 EVP's I would like for others to hear. I can't post them here, but I want you guys to give me your honest opinion. I can send them thru e-mail so if you want to hear them you can PM me your e-mail address and I can send them.

Go ahead and email them to me - my email should be available on my profile blurb... Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-04-03

http://www.fbnparanormal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:13 pm

I keep feeling bad, Chuck! My poor lil Mac notebook doesn't have any external speakers, so even when my volume is at its highest, I still am unable to hear anything.
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 727
Registration date : 2008-03-10

http://w1ngs0fate.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:22 pm

Kevin@dupageparanormal.com ......lets hear'em!
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male
Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:54 pm

On there way.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:46 pm

K i listened to them. The first one in the theatre, there is a lot of shifting and footsteps going on, the scream almost sounds like a door opening or someone dragging their foot. The second one, with the tweet, whoever is speaking says the word 'between' twice, and it almost sounds like the recording is distorted each time he says it, it also sounds like he is walking. The saint valentines massacre one, if your referring to the sound near the beggining that sounds like an 'oh' it sounds like the recorder being bumped or jiggled, if your not referring to that then i have no idea. The fourth one, 'go away' I dont hear anything until the very end, and it sounds like the same guy that did the other recordings.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 pm

What did you think of the one that sound slike it's saying no?

We were at a theater that was being renovated and really only had one door and when this happened we were at the other side of the theater. I also have the same EVP on video and at the time we were all siting down so nobody was moving. But I know I didn't hear that when we were there.

The gunshot one, I was holding the recorder inside the rod fence so nobody bumped it, plus I have this on video but oddly enough the sound is not on the video. Confusing stuff.

The "go away" one I wasn't too sure about either just thought I would throw that in there.
Thanks for the comments.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:09 pm

The 'Gunshot' one to me sounded like either the recorder got bumped, which is easy to do without realizing it, or a gust of wind blew right into the mic, which would explain why its not on your video because the wind didn't hit the camera mic the same way. The one at the theatre sounds like there is a lot of movement going on, even if everyone is sitting down, someone could have moved their foot or their hand resulting in a low enough noise that they dont think anything of it at the time, but it gets picked up by the recorder without any explanation.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:20 pm

When you're inside, it's SOOO easy for recorders to pick up the slightest sound. I could just be sitting here typing and be recording across the bedroom, and it would pick up the sound of me typing. It's incredibly sensitive - more so than the human ear.

Outside, however, I found is a different story. The elements really are not an investigator's friend. Wind, especially. That's a nasty little burden outdoors. Mad
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:35 pm

I found outside isn't the best thing to do because pretty much everything you catch can be disputed. It's crazy this feild is, I mean if you record something in a room with a bunch of people it can be disputed and if your a room alone and catch something the first thing that pops in your head is "They probably did it themselves."

It's a very sensative field we are all apart of, I just wish it wasn't SO sensative.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm

So what do you think they are, because you were trying to come up with reasons for them being paranormal, and now that we've suggested reasonable explanations contradicting that, you are agreeing with us. It's a little confusing where your coming from.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:52 pm

Hm, I'm just a bit lost. scratch

It's a huge bummer when you think that you have something and you really don't. Believe me, it's happened to me numerous times. You sort of feel robbed, in a way, as if the evidence you had just slipped right out of your fingers. But, there's really nothing that can be done, and you just have to move on and improve on your outlook on any future evidence. It's good to keep an open mind, but that needs to be said for both ways -- you need to be open to the paranormal obviously, but you also have to be open to the fact that it may also not be paranormal.

Personally, I fully trust what Kevin and Donn have to say. They come from a really highly respectable ghost hunting team that I hope we will be able to match once we get our members together! It will be great working with them in the future also. Very Happy
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:00 pm

Well I am agreeing with as to what it could be. But I don't know I was there ya know I know I didn't hear that scream while we were there and I just the video again and you can hear it and nobody even flinches. I agree with the gunshot one that could've been the wind or me bumping against something or someone.

I mean the scream doesn't sound right to me it sounds like it fades out almost. I have to say I might argue the scream and the one that says "no"
I've listened to it again and you can hear the guy talking before you hear the no and she sounds like hes right next to the recorder he sounds distorted and really loud, but the no is clear and its like in the background.
As the rest go I will agree with you guys that could've easly been the wind. But I'm sticking to my guns on the ones. Question
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:05 pm

THANK YOU CHUCK!!!!!!! You have made my day. There are so many people in this field that form an 'opinion' then when somebody says something the other way, they flip flop. If there is anything you need to be in this field it is rigid and unwavering. Do i care if you dont agree with me? No i dont, but your not going to change my mind. That is the one thing i try to teach people just entering the field. However if you yourself were questioning something than by all means go with what the other person says. Chuck although i may not agree with you, you have earned my respect for sticking up for yourself! Keep it up!
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:09 pm

I'm not sure what to say...........

I would like to thank my dad for giving me the courage.
Thanks to all my fans cause without you I wouldn't be here today. lol!

I never had to dispute it with anybody, and I feel it's something very strange and it's it not normal it's paranormal. I have NEVER heard a sound like that and if you could see the video we move around alot we are up and down and never do you hear the same sound again, nothing even close.
I actually wanted to post/email the entire tape but yahoo won't let me.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:12 pm

MthrChucker wrote:I found outside isn't the best thing to do because pretty much everything you catch can be disputed. It's crazy this feild is, I mean if you record something in a room with a bunch of people it can be disputed and if your a room alone and catch something the first thing that pops in your head is "They probably did it themselves."

It's a very sensative field we are all apart of, I just wish it wasn't SO sensative.

This is one of the toughest things that we have to deal with, but we really have to hold ourselves to an almost absurdly higher standard of excellence - since a large percentage of people dismiss the paranormal out of hand, we need to have iron-clad stuff to show them to avoid being blown out of the water.

I have not had a chance to listen to the EVPs yet, I'll check them out when I get home and chime in my opinions.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Ok now there is where i have an issue, a few posts ago you say no one is moving, then just now you say you all move around a lot. You can get a unique sound from any movement depending on lots of circumstances.

I figured you for more of a 'you like me, you really like me' kind of guy!
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:19 pm

No I meant during the whole investigation we were moving, sitting, standing, and thru the entire thing I don't hear anything similar. When that noise happens everyone was sitting. Even with all the movement thruout the night there wasn't a sound even close to that one.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:48 pm

k, just trying to get the facts straight, beleive me i would love to think that you got something, so i'm just trying to cover all the bases.
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Copy that! I really appreciate all your comments Kevin.
I look forward to working with you if it's at all possible.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin_DPS Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 pm

You got it dude, oh and i'm trying to get out of being a vortex as fast as i can, yay i'm a mist!!!!!!!

I'm movin on up....To the east side!!!
Kevin_DPS
Kevin_DPS
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Syren Song Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Kevin_DPS wrote:You got it dude, oh and i'm trying to get out of being a vortex as fast as i can, yay i'm a mist!!!!!!!

I'm movin on up....To the east side!!!

lol Don't you just love those though, Kevin? Wink

haha
Syren Song
Syren Song
Admin
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:37 am

Okay, I finally listened to them the 'gunshot' one definitely sounded to me like something tapped the mic. (It might not have been that, but it is just too common of a thing to say that it was something else.)
In the scream/noooo EVP I had to check it a little closer - there is a squeal at the beginning (I think that is a hinge) then the scream, talking and the breathless 'nooooo'. Not being there, and not having any real 'feel' for where you were, I would say both noises sound like a cat with something on it's mind. (Once again, I could be wrong - but that was my first impression)
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aesalon Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Aesalon wrote:Okay, I finally listened to them the 'gunshot' one definitely sounded to me like something tapped the mic. (It might not have been that, but it is just too common of a thing to say that it was something else.)
In the scream/noooo EVP I had to check it a little closer - there is a squeal at the beginning (I think that is a hinge) then the scream, talking and the breathless 'nooooo'. Not being there, and not having any real 'feel' for where you were, I would say both noises sound like a cat with something on it's mind. (Once again, I could be wrong - but that was my first impression)

Okay, listened again at home w/ Audacity - and the scream still sounds like a cat, but the noooo seems a little tougher to peg - its not quite as high as the cat 'yowl' that I first thought - I might run it by our EVP guy and see what he thinks.
Aesalon
Aesalon
Shadow Spirit
Shadow Spirit

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by [GHoST].Chuck Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:35 pm

Great!! Much appreciated. Thanks for all the comments.
[GHoST].Chuck
[GHoST].Chuck
Mist
Mist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down